Welcome to the 2023-24 School Year
Greetings Jackson-Reed High School Class of 2025 Parents/Guardians:
We are doing our best to add all parents who have been somehow dropped from the contact list. Please continue to reach out if you or someone you know is not receiving the class emails (generally there is one class newsletter per month).
If you are no longer receiving the Sunday School emails you can access information at this url: https://jacksonreedhs.org/enews-9-10-2023/
Note that you can also access the Principal’s Message by going to the Jackson-Reed homepage and hovering over the ABOUT tab at the top and then selecting the last option titled ‘Weekly eNews’
Message from AP Minsker:
Back to School Night, Thursday 9/14: Parents are invited to attend this year’s annual Back To School Night, which begins at 5:30pm on Thursday, September 14th. Parents will enter through the main entrance and the atrium will be set up with academic departments set up at tables and various Jackson-Reed groups sharing information. After Principal Brown’s brief remarks around 5:45pm, parents will follow their child’s schedule, moving through the building for all eight periods and meeting teachers in classrooms for 10 minute intervals. The program wraps up at 8:00pm.
Parents are asked to open ASPEN for Back to School Night and read/use the most current version of their child’s schedule. Student ambassadors and members from the Jackson-Reed Hospitality Academy will be on hand to assist parents in finding classrooms. If you have any questions about Back to School Night, please reach out to Mr. Minsker at email@example.com
From 6:00-8:00 pm students and families will meet with classroom teachers for both A & B-Days by following the 10-minute rotation schedule below. A bell will signify when to move on to the next teacher.
- Period 1A- 6:00-6:10 pm
- Period 2A- 6:15 -6:25 pm
- Period 3A- 6:30-6:40 pm
- Period 4A- 6:45-6:55 pm
- Period 1B- 7:00-7:10 pm
- Period 2B- 7:15-7:25 pm
- Period 3B- 7:30- 7:45 pm
- Period 4B- 7:45-7:55 pm
- Event Ends at 8:00 pm
Jackson-Reed High School College Admissions Rep Visits This Week:
Juniors and seniors are welcome. If you have a class, bring a green pass from your teacher.
Monday, September 11
- 11:15 am: Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- 12:00 pm: Elon University, Elon, NC
- 1:30 pm: Boston University, Boston, MA
- 2:15 pm: The University of British Columbia, Kelowna and Vancouver
Tuesday, September 12
- 11:15 am: Davidson College, Davidson, NC
- 12:00 pm: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 12:45 pm: Kenyon College, Gambier, OH
- 1:30 pm: Scripps College, Claremont, CA
Wednesday, September 13
- 12:45 pm: Indiana University-Bloomington, Bloomington, IN
- 1:30 pm: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- 2:15 pm: Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
Thursday, September 14
- 11:15 am: New York University, New York, NY
- 12:45 pm: Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, CA
- 1:30 pm: American University, Washington, DC
- 2:15 pm: High Point University, High Point, NC
Friday, September 15
- 9:30 am: Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
- 12 noon: Eckerd College, Saint Petersburg, FL
- 12:45 pm: Brown University, Providence, RI
- 2:15 pm: Trinity College Dublin, College Green
Upcoming Student & Family Events:
- Thursday, September 14: Back to School Night.
- Wednesday, 9/20: Clubs & Activities Fair for Students, LUNCH TIME in Atrium
- Wednesday, 9/20: NOCHE PARA FAMILIAS, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Saturday, 9/23: Enrollment, 9:00 am -12:00 pm
- Tuesday, 9/26: NAF Night, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Saturday, 9/30: Tenleytown Art all Night in Jackson-Reed’s Main Gym, 7:00-11:00 pm
- Thursday, 10/19: Parent Teacher Conferences. More information coming soon.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.