First meeting of the school year. We did a review of all the new functionality in the now live Jackson-Reed website. And we talked a lot about what to do over the year.
3 Main Goals
- Maintain the current website – provide support as needed. Talk to Ms. Lawrence and other members of the front office on how best to do this. Customers & clients of the site include:
- Front office: Jessica Lawrence (head of communications), Tomiwa Omoniyi and Joe Bellino (back-end forms), Dionne Clemmons (Clubs), Marquan Roberts (Lockers), Elizabeth Levenson (College & Career).
- Teachers – department heads and club sponsors
- Design: start working on improving the overall design of the website as well as targeting smaller sections. Tie this in with students from Graphic Design.
- Custom Solutions: start working on streamlining existing solutions using Gravity Forms & Views like Clubs, Attendance, Lockers, Schedule Change Request as well as brainstorming new solutions.
Brainstorming for Club Fair/Interest Meeting
Need to getting people interested.
- Structure for interest meeting? Little bit of WordPress? Little bit of design? Talk about what functionality we want to add?
- Emphasize how easy it is to create complex websites using low-code. And fun! Useful skill. Good for college apps and having a side hustle.
- Don’t just focus on your friends – try to think of ways to outreach across the whole school!
Follow Up Tasks
- Elizabeth – provide calendar guidance to Simone to get her going – set up calendar brainstorming page. I’ll add some of my thoughts to that and tools you can start looking at.
- LabCatsCoding – if anyone else wants access this is all the courses I teach. You can log on at labcatscoding.com with username jrhs and password WebsiteClubJR.