- Discussed looking at other school’s websites to get an idea of what we like, don’t like, etc. Assigned students to review ones. To see which one you signed up for – go to Website Club To Do List – set Category to Review Other Website and click .
- Add Translate ability
- Why is the school named Jackson-Reed – Leah.
- Make the top menu point to websites that are related but not ours – The Beacon, Athletics, Aspen, Canvas, DCPS, Clever
- Social Media Links – identify JR’s
Not as much as last week but we did talk alot about various sites.
Also I met with Patty Cebrynski and Dionne Clemmons from the front office last Thursday. Sah Brown also dropped in. Very good meeting – and Ms. Clemmons is very happy about the plans for Clubs. Below is the email I sent to them summarizing the meeting and our next steps:
- Home Page: reviewed current redesign of home page and talked about the long term design for this page. All agreed we need more pictures and will reach out to the Photography Club.
- Calendar: Ms. Clemmons currently uses TeamUp for this which she is happy with. I briefly looked into this and there is a WordPress plugin. Looks like there is even a way to use Gravity Forms with it.
- Responsibility: we talked about who was responsible for each section. For the initial launch, Ms. Clemmons and Ms. Cebrzynski will responsible for making sure the website is in order. There are a few section where that might differ – the PTSO page, the LSAT page and the College & Career Counseling Center.
- Outreach: reach out to Photography Club, Mr. Massenburg (Visual Design), Ms. Garcia(Spanish speaking students) and Mr. Pierce (staff photos)
- Future Plans: discussed some of the possibilities for the website down the road including the automation of clubs. We will come back to this once we get the initial launch completed.
- Mock Website: I also gave you access to the Mock Website – if you go to https://jacksonreedhs.org/mock and login and then click on the Website Club Home Page at the top you can see what we are up to.
- Colors: Must keep dark green but can use some other shades of green to accent.
- Go to jrhs.site and click the login link in the top menu bar. I’ll send login info in separate email.
- After you have logged on you will see additional options in that top menu bar. Click on Moving Website Checklist.
- This table lists all the pages in the website. Click on Enable Inline Edit at the top right corner of the table to allow for editing.
- Work your way through comparing pages from the existing site at jacksonreedhs.org to pages from the new site, jrhs.site.
- Update Stakeholder Status as you go. In Process will let others know someone is currently working on this page, Questions/Need Feedback will flag the page for followup and Completed means it is ready to go.
- You can update the Notes field to provide comments for me or others. Feel free to edit or modify my comments as needed.