Summer Job Opportunity
Sitar Arts Center has two PAID internship opportunities this summer! Bloomberg Arts Internship (BAI) and Sitar’s Emerging Arts Leaders Summer Youth Employment Program Internship (S.E.A.L. SYEP). APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON MARCH 12TH.
What is BAI?
The Bloomberg Arts Internship places 30 rising seniors in prestigious arts organizations across DC for a paid experience. From June 26th – August 11th, interns will work up to 40 hours a week, at $19/hour.
- Must be a rising senior at a DCPS or DC Public Charter school.
- Students will earn $19/hour.
- Students should have a strong interest in the arts as a career path.
- Students will participate in cultural field trips as well as workshops in financial literacy, personal essay writing, networking and more
- BAI Application closes on March 12, 2023
What is S.E.A.L. SYEP?
This summer, Sitar is looking to hire students ages 14 – 24 as a Mural Artist, Summer Camp Class Assistant, or Musical Theater Intern. This internship runs from June 26th – August 4th.
- DC residents ages 14 – 24 are eligible.
- Interns’ ages determine their pay rate.
- Individuals who do not qualify for SYEP are still encouraged to apply as they may be eligible to receive a stipend or can earn community service as an intern.
- Please note that the application for Sitar Arts Center is separate from the SYEP registration portal, so BOTH APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED in order to have Sitar as your potential job site.
- SYEP Application closes February 28, 2023
- Sitar Application closes on March 12, 2023
- Learn more at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnXIyHwiCQ&t=4s