Welcome to the Jackson-Reed Theater Community
Fill out the Theater Program Sign-up Form to participate in any of this year’s theater programs.
Our program is designed with you in mind. Whether you are starting out fresh or bringing plenty of prior experience with you, Jackson-Reed Theater offers you opportunities to grow as performer and theater artist. Together, we strive to tell the diverse, passionate stories that are important and engaging to you and our community. Through a combination of school and student led programs, there is a space that is just right for you to grow.
Students, join us at our 2023-2024 Season Reveal on the first week of school. Learn about our upcoming productions and performance/backstage opportunities. We will also be hosting audition and stage combat workshops to kick of the year!
- Auditions will be held September 4th and 5th for the Fall Play!
- You can purchase tickets or contact our box office at Jackson-Reed Theater
Dates and Productions to be announced soon!
- 24-Hour Plays
- Mainstage Play
- Mainstage Musical
- One-Act Festival (Jackson-Reed Players)
- Player’s Show (Jackson-Reed Players)
Please indicate your interest by filling out the Theater Program Sign-Up Form.
If you are interested in joining the Stage Crew or Community Service hours fill out the Stage Crew Form.
What the Press Says About Us
“The large tribe of talented singers and dancers all contributed in making the magic of musical theater at (Jackson-Reed) High School’s electric production of Hair.” -DC Metro
“The quality and depth of talent at (Jackson-Reed) is amazing and of much higher quality than one would expect of a high school production.” -DC Metro
“To see one of the cast members sing a song right next to you rather than on the stage, made the experience that much better. The immersive space made us feel like we were too, In the Woods” -The Beacon
- 24-Hour Plays - Brand new, original 10-minute plays that are written, rehearsed, and performed with in a 24-hour marathon.
- Theater Workshops - Individual workshops throughout the year in acting, auditioning, song selection, song performance, dance, stage combat, and/or technical theater designed to prepare students for upcoming productions.
- Mainstage Productions - Large, fully produced shows with larger casts, more production requirements, and performed in the Auditorium.
- One-Act Festivals – Jackson-Reed Players produced night of student directed and performed one-act plays. Many of the plays are student written. Student written plays should be submitted to the Players in the Fall.
- Players' Show – Fully produced shows by the Jackson-Reed Players. The choice of play, director, and designers is at the discretion of the student Players. Any Jackson-Reed student may audition or work backstage.
Recent theater department-led productions have included:
- Into The Woods
- And Then There Were None
- Les Miserables
- Working: A Musical
- Peter and the Starcatcher
- Any Number Can Die
- Romeo and Juliet.
- Legally Blonde
- Twelth Night
Recent student-led productions by the Jackson-Reed Players have included:
- Almost, Maine
- Twelve Angry Jurors
- Much Ado About Nothing
- Girls Like That