School-Based Mental Health Services
Jackson-Reed's School-Based Mental Health Team is currently comprised of Clinical Social Workers, a DBH (Department of Behavioral Health) Clinician, School Psychologists, School Counselors, a Mary's Center (CBO) Clinician, and a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, as well as other staff who work within the Jackson-Reed community. Together they ensure the mental, emotional, medical, and behavioral health needs of students are met by providing the following services:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Monthly wellness newsletter covering topics regarding your comprehensive health and wellbeing
- Support of students and families with 504 Plans, special education support or ELL services
- Recommendations regarding learning strategies, classroom management and academic support
- Continuous educational training opportunities for staff, students, and parents covering a variety of topics
- Increased support for students with significant mental health and/or emotional concerns
- Referrals to community-based agencies and organizations for wrap-around services
- Network with community organizations to present relevant topics to students and staff
Jackson-Reed's School-Based Mental Health Team is actively involved on social media and can be followed on Instagram @wilsonwellnessteam. This social media page provides words of encouragement, tips on managing stress and promoting wellness, academic strategies, national hotline resources for suicide awareness and prevention, self-harm, and other nationally relevant resources. Content is updated regularly, so be sure to follow us on Instagram!
Mental Health and Counseling Support Referral Forms
Crisis Resources for Individuals in Need
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.