The Jackson-Reed PTSO says THANK YOU!
In Term 1, your donations supported these efforts:
- Transportation for 9th Grade College Day of Exploration
- Homecoming Court Pep Rally Transportation
- Faculty-Staff Lunch on Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- New York Times Best Selling Author Jeffery Selingo’s talk: “Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions”
- Lunch-hour dance performances for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Camera Equipment for school yearbook club
- Professional development for JRHS Social Studies teachers
- Refreshments for the NAF Academy Night
Can we count on YOU to reach our goal as we start Term 2? Make your PTSO donation today! Help fund the needs at Jackson-Reed!
The suggested PTSO donation is $180 per student — $1 per school day — for the 2023-24 school year. This is our primary fundraising effort; there is no gala or auction. Our PTSO annual budget is $150,000. We are 40% of the way there!
Your donation of any amount will help the Jackson-Reed PTSO respond to funding requests from teachers, administrators, staff and student groups with grants that meet the needs of our community.
- Monday, 11/6: (Virtual Book Talk Mr. Bargeman), 6:30-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, 11/7: Girls Lacrosse Interest Meeting, 4:00-5:00 pm Rm 316B or 316A
- Tuesday, 11/7: Howard University Panel, 12:00-1:00 pm in Library
- Tuesday, 11/7- Thursday, 11/9: Credit Recovery in Library (Standing Event)
- Wednesday, 11/8: College Essay Mentoring in C.C.C (Standing Event)
- Wednesday, 11/8: Rox Girls Leadership Meeting, 11:30 am-12:30 pm in C.C.C.Thursday, 11/9: JROTC Formation Drills, 7:45-8:30 am in Aux Gym (Standing Event
- )Thursday, 11/9: Inova Blood Drive, 7:30-3:30 pm in Aux Gym
- Thursday, 11/9 – Saturday, 11/11: JR Theater Presents “She Kills Monsters” in BlackboxThursday, 11/9: Field Trip to VA Military Institute ALL DAY (Sgt. Davis)
- Thursday, 11/9: Field Trip to Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History (Ms. Tababan)
- Friday, 11/10: Veterans Day, NO SCHOOL