Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO)
PTSO Board, SY23-24
- President: Heather Powers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Laurie Ann Phillips, email@example.com
- Secretary: Beth Critchley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Lexi Czwartacki, email@example.com
- Assistant Treasurer: Open Position
- Communications: Andrea Orr, Shoshana Rosenbaum, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising: Shanza Qureshi-Mufti
- Grants: Chris Lisi, Su-Lin Cheng Nichols, email@example.com
- Community Relations: Amy Hall
- Hospitality: Patricia Lawson
- Class of 2024 Representatives: Alisa Gogarty, Elizabeth Tsehai, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class of 2025 Representatives: Steven Brown, Sejal Dave, email@example.com
- Class of 2026 Representatives: Alysa MacClellan, Susan Pultz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class of 2027 Representatives: Karl Khoury, Amy West, email@example.com
- LSAT Representative: Hillary DeNigro
- SHAPPE Representative: Amy Hall
- Lab equipment for 500 chemistry students
- Professional development for social studies teachers
- 250+ meals for teachers and staff on their in-service days
- Backpacks of school supplies for English language learners
- Annual support for The Beacon
- Printmaking supplies for art department
- AP Physics binders from College Board
- Jackson-Reed banners on the fencing around the portable classrooms
Class Information for Parents
PTSO Grants Program
We invite teachers and staff to apply for a grant from the PTSO to cover the expenses for experiences, projects and materials to support classroom work, activities and student groups at Jackson-Reed. Examples of items include the following:
- Programmatic materials or subscriptions to help with learning.
- Supplies for labs, tests, research, classroom activities, art, music, AP testing support.
- Speakers, field trips, festivals and demonstration fees.
- Larger items or supplies to support technology already in hand.
- Materials to support for student clubs with teacher/staff sponsor.
If your request exceeds $1,000, we will ask you to present your grant application at an upcoming PTSO Board meeting. The Board meets monthly, so please plan accordingly.
If your grant is below $1,000, the PTSO Grants Committee will review and get back to you with any questions and/or a response within two weeks.
Parent/Guardians Volunteer Opportunities
- Serving food/drink at PTSO events for teachers & staff and/or students & families
- Shopping for* and delivering supplies to JRHS (*reimbursable by the PTSO)
- Volunteering at a JRHS PTSO table at school or community events
- Coordinating with local businesses for mutually beneficial fundraising and activities
Opportunities exist before and after school, during the school day, and on weekends. Please fill out this form; the PTSO will reach with opportunities as they arise. Thank you for your support!