This School Year
- Look out for the weekly Jackson-Reed eNewsletter, sent on Sunday evenings (or holiday Mondays). The eNewsletter is emailed to the email address parents/guardians have on their student’s enrollment form and in Aspen.
- Visit the Jackson-Reed website. Our website is the most up-to-date source of news and announcements, information about upcoming events, important forms, and teacher and staff contact information.
- Join our twitter feed: @JacksonReedHSDC
- Be alert for robocalls to your home that update your family about absences, school events, and policies.
- Students: Listen to the announcements each day in the morning, before STEP, and at the end of the day to keep up with what is going on at school.
Contacting Teachers and Staff
The best way for students and parents to contact a teacher/staff is by email. Email addresses for teachers, administrators, and staff members are on the Jackson-Reed website, jacksonreedhs.org.
Please allow teachers twenty-four hours to respond to your message. If you do not hear from a teacher within that time, resend the message and copy your student’s counselor, dean, and/or assistant principal. If you have not had the problem addressed within an additional twenty-four hours, please contact the counselor, dean, and/or assistant principal again.
At Back-to-School Night, parents have the opportunity to meet their child’s teachers, receive a syllabus for each class, and learn how each teacher prefers to communicate. Parents are reminded that the purpose of this night is for all parents to meet teachers. If there are particular issues regarding your student’s performance in class, make an appointment to talk with the teacher directly by emailing the particular teacher and/or your student’s counselor.
Back to School Night will be Thursday, September 14, 2023.
Parent-Teacher Conference Days are scheduled to take place twice this school year. Parents and guardians will be able to sign up for a conference time with the teacher(s) they wish to meet with. This year, conferences will be held on these dates:
Thursday, October 19, 2023 and Thursday, March 14, 2024. If a parent or guardian would like a meeting with a teacher at a different time during the year, they should email the teacher.