Italian Exchange Meeting : Thursday, 10/5 at 7:00 pm in Room 208
Host an Italian Exchange Student and Visit Italy in Spring 2024
Jackson-Reed’s International Studies Program has a long tradition of exchanging one-week visits with Liceo Cambi, a public high school in Falconara, a beachfront town on Italy’s east coast. Sign up now for our spring 2024 exchange!
If families are interested, please plan to attend an evening meeting on Thursday October 7th at 7:00 pm in Room 208. Please bring your questions to the meeting. Tentative details below.
Host Italian students in DC from Thursday, March 21-Tuesday, March 26, 2024
Hosting in DC: All the Italian students speak English. They are usually 16 years old and in their third year of high school. They will attend selected J-R classes in the mornings and tour DC in the afternoons. You’ll join your guest for evening and weekend activities. You’ll provide a warm welcome – a bed – meals – and transportation to and from school.
Visit Italy April from April 11- Saturday April 20, 2024 (spring break – miss 1.5 days of school)
Estimated Cost: $2000-$2200
Group size: 20 students, 2 chaperones
Visiting in Italy: You will fly in and out of Ancona, the city next to Falconara. You’ll stay in the home of the student you hosted. In most homes, at least one parent also speaks English. You’ll attend English classes and team-building activities at school and take trips to enjoy the beach, the mountains, and the food, culture, and history of Italy.
2024 Exchange Calendar
- Thursday, October 7th at 7:00 pm: Family interest meeting – bring your questions
- TBD: Deposit submission AND image of passport (with expiration date later than Nov 30, 2024)
- Thursday November 2: Second payment due.
- Thursday December 14, lunch period: Hosting meeting #1 for students
- Thursday February 1, 2024: Hand in final payment
- Thursday February 8, lunch period: Hosting meeting #2 for students
- Thursday March 7, 7 pm: Hosting meeting for families
- Thursday March 21-Tuesday March 26: Host Italian students here in DC
- Thursday April 4, 7 pm: Family meeting – Debrief hosting experience, prepare for travel to Italy
- Thursday April 11- Saturday April 20: Visit Falconara, Italy
- Thursday April 25, lunchtime: Travel debrief for students
Interested? E-mail Mr. Geremia at email@example.com.