Posts: How to Create, Change and Use Them
Please note - the accordion below holds information on how to create & edit posts via the Dashboard. The Jackson-Reed website has a form built that allows you to create posts using that. Please use that form unless you have been trained otherwise!
To Add a Post:
- Login in to the Jackson-Reed website - that link is under the Quicklinks menu.
- You can access the form two ways.
- Many pages display a button to users with the appropriate access to allow them to directly access this form. Pages like the home page, Career & College Page, PTSO class pages, etc.
- If you do not see that button, go to Tools->Add An Update menu option.
- There are two options: News & Event - you can choose either or both. News creates a post which can be displayed on the website and event creates an event in the calendar.
- If you create a News item - or a post - make sure to select the appropriate category so it will display on the correct page. Categories include:
- college: College & Career page
- principal: Principal Updates archive page
- Parents - 2024 Class Notes, Parents - 2025 Class Notes, Parents - 2026 Class Notes and Parents - 2027 Class Notes: appears on each of the appropriate class pages in the PTSO section.
- WebsiteClub: appears on the website club page
- weekly: weekly newsletter archive
- If you want the News item to appear on the front page - put front in the tag.