This form is for requesting excused absences for Jackson-Reed High School (formerly Wilson High School) in Washington, DC. After you submit the form, you should receive a confirmation, and a copy goes to the attendance counselor. For early dismissals, the attendance counselor will call you to confirm it and then create an early dismissal pass for your student to pick up at STEP.
- Students/parents have 5 days to submit excuse notes and/or doctor’s notes. Doctor’s notes will not be accepted past the 5-day window. Doctor’s notes are required after 5 cumulative days within the academic term.
- 31 unexcused absences in a course per year = failure in course and loss of credit
- Must be present 2/3 of the year prior to start of each season
- Cannot have more than 3 unexcused absences during season of play
- Must be present the day of game to be eligible to play