Naviance: How to Log in Through Clever.com
Naviance is a college and career platform used by DC Public Schools. Students in all grade levels can use the surveys, tools, and search features in Naviance to research colleges and explore careers. For seniors, Naviance is used to send school documents to support their college applications; these documents include your transcript, counselor letter, teacher recommendation letters, and school profile.
Logging into Naviance through Clever.com
Students log into Naviance through Clever.com. Parents are asked to share their student’s Naviance account.
Instructions for logging into Naviance through Clever.com:
- Go to the the login page. You can also find this by clicking on the Naviance menu option in the footer on the Jackson-Reed website.
- Log on using your Microsoft 365 student credentials:
- Password that student created
- You will now be brought to your Clever home screen where you can see all the applications you have access to.
- Scroll down until you reach the “College & Career” section. You should then see an icon for Naviance, a turquoise box that says “Naviance.”
- Click on the Naviance icon to be brought to your personal Naviance homepage.
Directions for Updating Your Email Address in Naviance
Click on the “About Me” tab. Click on “Manage my account” in the upper right hand corner. Click on “Manage my profile.” Click on the picture icon of the pencil to add your email address and confirm, then click Update.
College Lists in Naviance: Which One to Use When?
There are two College lists in Naviance: “Colleges I’m Thinking About” and “Colleges I’m Applying To.”
The “Colleges I’m Thinking About” list is the best section for underclassmen and rising seniors to work in prior to the start of their senior year. Students can add as many colleges to this list as they like. After the school year starts, for all of the colleges on this list, you will receive an email notification if/when that college admissions counselor is visiting Jackson-Reed.
The “Colleges I’m Applying To” list is to be used by seniors after the start of their senior year, when a student is very sure about the list of colleges they would like to apply to and are ready to request that transcripts be sent.
College Research Tools
Use research tools in Naviance such as “SuperMatch” and “Find Your Fit” to research colleges to consider applying to. The “Scattergrams” feature shows application and acceptance data (student-reported) from previous classes of our school’s graduates.
Matching Naviance and the Common App
Instructions for matching Naviance with your Common App are HERE.
Class of 2022: Enter Your College Application Results and Scholarships in Naviance
As part of Senior Clearance in June, all seniors will be required to report their college application results and scholarship money (both need-based and merit-based) awarded from each school. Save time on that day by doing this in advance.
Update your application results and attending school with the following steps:
– Log into Naviance Student and click the “Colleges” tab.
– Within the dropdown, in the “Apply to College” section, click “Colleges I’m Applying to.” This should then display a list of active applications the student has.
– For each school, choose the result from the drop-down menu.
– To enter your attending school, scroll to the bottom of the page, under the list of schools, to find “College that I’m attending.”
To enter your scholarships: On the Naviance home page, under “My Favorites” on the right side, find “Scholarships and Money.”
Naviance Help Documents
Click on the link below for many Naviance help documents created by the DCPS College and Career Services department on topics such as:
– linking your Common App and Naviance
– requesting teacher recommendations
– adding colleges to your “Colleges I’m Applying to” list
Naviance Help Documents (from DCPS College and Career Team)