Voices of Now is a collaborative program between Arena Stage and the Wendt Center for Loss and Healing. This is a phenomenal free opportunity for grieving teens who are interested in exploring and sharing their voice, performing on stage, learning about their own grief, educating others about grief, and building relationships with other grieving teens. A grief therapist is on site at ALL rehearsals as a support to the ensemble. Attached please find a flier with program information.
Do I know a teen that might be a great fit for the 2023 Wendt Center ensemble??
- Voices of Now 2023 will be an in-person program, hosted weekly on Tuesday evenings from 6-7:30pm at Arena Stage (1101 Sixth Street Southwest, Washington, DC)
- The program is a 4-month commitment – (February-May 2023) for all participating youth.
- Applicants must be in the 9th-12th grade.
- Applicants must have experienced a death related loss and have a willingness to share about their grief experience.
- Applicants participate in weekly sessions developing a script about their feelings, thoughts, memories, and experiences related to death related losses in their lives. Ultimately, they will create a performance of their script to be performed in May 2023 at the Voices of Now festival and the Wendt Center community forum.
- This program is free to all youth.
- All participants must be vaccinated. Exceptions are made for medical or religious reasons. Masks are mandatory.
- Community service hours are provided to participants who complete the program.
- Teaching artists and a grief therapist are onsite during all rehearsals as a support to ensemble members.
- An online application must be completed to be considered. (A parent/guardian signature is required) Click here for the application: https://forms.gle/vadkccX7aaxdyy3E6.
- All applicants will be scheduled for a virtual interview prior to participation.
- Applications are due by January 30, 2023. Acceptances are made on a rolling basis. APPLY HERE
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled prior to the first rehearsal scheduled for February 2023.